This simple recipe is perfect for a dinner party because you can make it the day before. The servings will look small, but it is very rich. Top it with whipped cream if you want to get fancy!
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs* (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 5 oz hot coffee or espresso
- Combine the chocolate, eggs, vanilla and ground cardamom in the blender on medium-high speed until fully combined.
- While the blender is still running, remove the funnel cap from the top and pour the hot coffee in to the mixture slowly. The coffee must be very hot for the mixture to set.
- Mix for approximately 1 minute until smooth.
- Divide the mixture in to 4 small cups or ramekins.
- Cool in the fridge until set, approximately 4 hours.
Jasmine co-founded Chocolate Codex as a way to share her enthusiasm for chocolate. She has a certificate in Chocolate making from Ecole Chocolat and she runs a foodblog called The Blenderist.